Building owners looking for a way to stop roof leaks, reduce maintenance cost and improve the appearance of their facility are finding the answer with Varco Pruden (VP) Roof Systems. Whether your current roof is a non-metal or a metal roof, flat or sloped, VP Roof Systems can provide a solution that gives you long-term, weather-tight protection and fewer roofing headaches. Download information brochures and drawings below.
Here are some benefits of a metal roof system:
- Metal roofs offer up to a 50% reduction in annual maintenance cost per square foot over asphalt or single ply roof systems.
- Metal roof service life expectations exceed other materials by over 20 years.
- Varco Pruden’s retrofit roof and wall systems provide the ability to increase the energy efficiency of the existing structure with roof system U-Factors as low as .029 and wall systems as low as .039.
Varco Pruden can offer retrofit roof and wall systems that are installed directly over the existing roof and wall systems. These Metal over Metal options reduce demolition and landfill costs, as well as minimizing the interruption to the existing business flow. Two examples of these Metal over Metal options are Varco Pruden’s SSR Low Profile Metal over Metal, and our High-Profile Metal over Metal.
- Varco Pruden’s SSR Low Profile Metal over Metal system allows the SSR roof system to be installed directly over the existing roof panel. This system adds only about 1.6 pounds per square foot on the existing structure. The SSR X-Tall clip allows for a 2” space between the flat of the existing roof panel and the new SSR roof panel, which accommodates installation over existing roof panels up to 1 ½” deep. The addition of a minimum of 3” unfaced insulation increases the energy efficiency. This is the lowest cost retrofit option when the existing roof slope will be unchanged and the existing roof is left in place.
- Varco Pruden’s High Profile Metal over Metal system can be used with both the SSR and SLR II roof systems. Through the use of a galvanized steel sub-framing system this option can be installed over a variety of existing roof panel types from a 7/8” corrugated panel to a 4” tall ribbed panel, while adding about 2-2.5 pounds per square foot on the existing structure. The High-Profile Metal over Metal system creates a cavity above the existing roof where up to 10” of unfaced insulation can added for a much more energy efficient roof system. This is the most versatile retrofit option when the existing roof slope will be unchanged and the existing roof is left in place.
- Varo Pruden’s Slope Build-Up Retrofit Roof system can be used over existing flat or low-sloped roofs when enhancing the existing roof slope is desired to better manage water flow. This Slope Build-Up option is ideal for applications when a project requires positive roof drainage to prevent water from standing on the roof surface. The galvanized steel Slope Build-Up system allows for additional insulation improving energy efficiency. This system can be installed over the current structure without interrupting on-going business operations.